While on-campus recruitment events and fairs are not possible at this time due to COVID-19, Student Employment Services is working hard to offer you virtual events. Please check the schedule and Inside MCnew window Weekly Newsletter under Student News for these events.
MC-Sponsored Job Fairs
Pre-register to attend the Workshops on September 15 & 16 and the Job Fair on September 24
- Workshops to prepare for the Virtual Career Fair
For questions, Contact Katherine Toth at Katherine.Toth@fapac.org or email@example.com
- Writing a Federal Resume
- Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Time: 3 p.m.–4 p.m. EST
- Registrationnew window (Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, September 14)
- Navigating USAJOBS
- Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Time: 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. EST
- Registrationnew window (Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, September 14)
- Federal Interview Techniques
- Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Time: 1 p.m.–2:30 p.m. EST
- Registrationnew window (Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, September 14)
- Writing a Federal Resume
- Virtual Career Fair
- Date: Friday, September 24, 2021
- Time: 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Registrationnew window (Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, September 23)
** T request accommodations for workshops or career fair, please indicate when registering that accommodation is required; additionally, please contact Katherine Toth at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before September 10, 2021 at 5 p.m. EST.
Upcoming Employment Events
Attend this session (PDF, ) on Thursday, September 23 at 9:30 am
The Montgomery College Criminal Justice Program will host Montgomery County Police Department Recruiter, Melissa Coligan, on Thursday, September 23rd, from 9:30 – 11:00 am to speak with students about career, cadet, and internship opportunities. All students interested in a career in law enforcement are encouraged to attend.
The meeting can be accessed via Zoom at the below link. Students can also call into the meeting via the below phone number and meeting ID/ passcode.
Montgomery County Police Department
Time: Sep 23, 2021, 09:30 AM
Meeting ID: 938 4430 6417
No pre-registration required!
Come to an Information Session (PDF, ) on Monday, September 27 at 2:00 p.m. to learn about volunteer and paid positions
Interested in coaching a kids’ sports team, but not sure you’re qualified? Don’t worry; coaching kids is not as difficult as you may think. i9 Sports provides the resources you need to enjoy your coaching experience and make a difference in the lives of kids.
At i9 Sports, they are committed to providing youth sports the way they should be. A big part of that commitment is supporting their coaches. They want you to coach kids with confidence. They want to equip you with the tools you need to provide a fun experience for kids so they play sports for years to come.
Find out more about volunteer and paid opportunities with i9Sports.
They are hosting an online information session on Monday, September 27 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Pre-register to attendnew window
Come join us as we kick off our Fall 2021 Campus Recruiting Season! Twilio leaders and champions will use this time to give an overview of Twilio, what we do, how we operate, and discuss our internship and new grad opportunities! Come build with us!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video, and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Come to an Information Session (PDF, ) on Tuesday, September 28 at noon
You must pre-registernew window to attend.
Silver Knights Chess is looking for people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of elementary school children. They have taught nearly 100,000 children to play chess!
This will be a great fit if you:
- Play chess – you don’t have to be a chess-master, but be interested and enthusiastic
- Want to work with children ages 5-11
- Are available to work part-time during “after-school” hours
- Have experience as a camp counselor, tutor, coach, or childcare provider
- You will receive thorough, paid training on how to help children learn to play chess
Attend an Information Session on Wednesday, September 29 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Talk of the Town provides interactive entertainment equipment, personnel, and support for all kinds of events from corporate meetings to private parties to fundraisers, to after-proms. Want a game show, a casino, a red carpet, or an obstacle course? They make it happen!
Work for a place that it all about fun and excitement! Come to this information session to learn about their range of opportunities.
Preregistrationnew window is required to attend the information session.
Come to an Information Session (PDF, ) on Wednesday, September 29 at 4 p.m. to learn more!
You must pre-registernew window to attend the information session!
Panda Programmer has been hiring its teachers at Montgomery College for years! Be the one to teach the next generation how to use computers and light the fire in them to learn and create!
- After school (usually 4-6 pm) and weekend positions (usually Sunday mornings)
- Classes are ongoing throughout the year
- Use Scratch Programming platform
- Students learn structured programming and now to make games
- Classes are typically 2 hours long
- Pay is $20 - $30 an hour
- Successful candidates will be quick learners, like children, and have reliable transportation
Will be hiring interns – Attend a Zoom Information Session on Thursday, October 7 at 3:00 p.m.
You must pre-registernew window for this session.
START offers unpaid internships year round on a variety of research projects and teams. During the course of their internship, participants are exposed to the most up-to-date theories, methods and information related to the study of terrorism. They are versed in the critical questions tackled by homeland security practitioners, policy makers and researchers, and are mentored in a professional environment geared toward student success. The program is designed to prepare the next generation of homeland security scholars and practitioners through real-world research experience.
START’s internship program is open to undergraduate and graduate students (as well as some recent graduates) in any related discipline from any institution. Each internship lasts for one term. Participants work at least 10 hours/week during the fall and spring semesters and 20 hours/week during the summer. Our internships can be undertaken for academic credit, and this is highly encouraged. Interns participate in a program of enrichment and career development opportunities. All interns are required to work onsite with their research project staff. Because interns work directly with our researchers and staff on current research projects, the internship positions vary depending on our research portfolio.
Vist our internships pagenew window for more information.
Come to an Information session on Friday, October 29 at 1 p.m.
Pre-registrationnew window for this session is required.
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the largest and most diverse school system in Maryland, is continuing its effort to attract great talent. MCPS is a leading Maryland employer offering competitive compensation and benefit packages. We are looking for highly qualified professionals to join our distinguished workforce as classroom teachers and motivated support staff/professionals (paraeducators, administrative assistants, building service workers, media and technology, bus drivers, etc.) for the 2021-2022 School Year. To see positions and apply, visit Careers at Montgomery County Public Schoolsnew window.
Come to an Information Session to Learn More on Thursday, November 4, at 1:00 p.m.
Pre-registrationnew window is required to attend this event
At Closet America, we have rewarding opportunities for people who want to be part of a great team of professionals, sharing a commitment to customer satisfaction, meeting goals, and exceeding them. Whether you’re an experienced designer, engineer, or have a passion for customer service and sales, Closet America may be the perfect place to advance your career, take pride in a job well done, and be rewarded for performing to the highest standards. We believe that people who enjoy coming to work do a better job, so we have friendly competition and sales contests to make working more fun.
As a locally owned company, we offer excellent benefits and a very positive company culture. We were recently honored by the Washington Post as one of the Top Workplaces in the DC-Baltimore metro areas. There’s a career for everyone, so if the challenges and rewards of transforming lives, one space at a time, sounds good, this could be yours.
View Recent Employer Information Session Recordings
- Auntie Connie’s Place / Annie Kares – hiring people to help families with children and seniorsnew window
- Closet America is hiring designers and salespeoplenew window
- Early Autism Services Meetingnew window & Slides (PDF, )
- The Foundation School Slidesnew window
- Great American Restaurants Meetingnew window & Slides (PDF, )
- Panda Programmer hires people to teach programming to childrennew window
- RICA is hiring paraeducators to work with students with emotional disabilitiesnew window & Slidesnew window
- SciTech2U Meetingnew window & Slides (PDF, )
Ongoing Employer Recruiting
Hires In-Home Care-givers for Children and Seniors
Annie Kares is always hiring for individuals to provide care to children and senior citizens in their homes. For Seniors, Annie Kares also offers a transportation service to get them to appointments. Visit Annie Karesnew window for more about their services and how your skills might fit in as an Annie Kares professional. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-319-4979 (text or call).
Auntie Connie’s Place is hiring tutors and caregivers.
Auntie Connie is hiring tutors and caregivers to help local families navigate balancing their children's well-being with their professional obligations.
If you are interested, call 240-755-7734 or email email@example.com for more information or to send your resume and/or portfolio
College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors is hiring MC students.
College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors (PDF, ) has openings for a variety of schedules and locations for in-home childcare and academic coaching for area families.
These are in-person positions and College Nannies, Sitters + Tutors does screening of families and applicants to make sure they ALL are doing their due diligence to keep each other safe!
For more information, visit College Nannies and Sittersnew window.
Is always looking for great volunteers in a variety of roles! Wonderful experience for people in a wide variety of majors!
A trusted mental health resource in the National Capital Region since 1957, EveryMind offers programs and services that bring healing, hope and wholeness to children, youth, adults, veterans and families. We are recruiting volunteers for multiple positions:
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention Services Call Specialistsnew window serve as emotional support/crisis intervention specialists for a 24/7 confidential hotline as well as text and online chat services. Hotline is staffed primarily by volunteers who provide confidential and supportive listening; crisis prevention and intervention; and information, referrals, and resources. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Representative Payee Volunteersnew window assist low-income Montgomery County residents who have a disability or mental illness with managing their federal benefits. Volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring clients are able to live independently, pay bills on time, and be financially stable. A volunteer typically spends about 5 hours per month helping with routine budgeting and bill paying. No financial expertise is needed. Volunteers must be 21 years or older.
- Friendly Visitor Volunteersnew window are matched with homebound, isolated, and lonely older adults living in Montgomery County. Volunteers visit clients once a week to exchange stories, play board games, read, watch the news, or discuss current events and build a friendship. Volunteer and client matches are made based on geographic proximity, as well as shared interests or backgrounds. Volunteers must be 21 years or older.
- Linkages to Learning Volunteersnew window support homework clubs, ESOL classes, and other afterschool activities. They play an essential role in helping children and their families overcome difficulties such as unemployment, which may impact a child’s ability to be successful in school. Volunteers support EveryMind’s 11 Linkages sites by serving as homework helpers, childcare providers, or by providing ongoing programmatic support. Student service learning hours (SSL) are provided for students.
- Community Outreach, Special Even, Short Term Project Support Volunteers new window
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-424-0656x541
is always hiring dedicated aides to work with children/adolescents with emotional disabilities
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. Established as a non-profit organization in 1975 the Foundation Schools creates a learning environment designed to overcome many of the challenges affecting our students. We have three locations in Maryland: Gaithersburg, Largo and Landover. We serve students in grades from K-12, ages 5-21, who need an integrated education program to meet their academic and social/emotional needs. For over 45 years The Foundation Schools continues to transform students' lives by helping them learn the skills they need to succeed in school and life!
We are always recruiting professional, caring, compassionate and creative individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of our students. We are currently HIRING Dedicated Aides for our (3) programs. Our Dedicated Aides play a big role in helping our students achieve their educational goals. For more information about our Job openings please visit our Careers Pagenew window.
For a better sense of the work we do, view our Recruitment Presentation Slidesnew window!
Dedicated Aide Requirements:
- Education, Experience and Certification
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent is required
- Related coursework, Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Six months of formal training or experience in special education, a psychiatric setting or other similar setting for children and adolescents is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
Located in Gaithersburg, North Bethesda, and Silver Spring
Do you love working with children? The Goddard Schools (PDF, ) are Hiring All Majors for Teacher, Assistant Teacher, and a variety of support positions.
Reach out to their Executive Director of Schools, Ms. Sarah Roebuck, at email@example.com or 301-208-8787 to find out more and see if your skills are a match for their current needs.
HACU has internships available for all students at Hispanic-serving institutions.
For more than 25 years, HACU has partnered with private and public sector employers to support their efforts to diversify their workplaces. The HACU National Internship Program (HNIP) offers all students a path to gain real-world experience related to their course of study.
Kennedy Krieger will hire all majors to work at their Montgomery County location.
Kennedy Krieger (PDF, ) will train you to work with children with developmental disabilities and behavioral/emotional challenges. This is a great work experience for any major – building transferrable “power” skills such as teamwork, flexibility, and data collection.
The MDARNG is ALWAYS looking for great people.
When you join the Maryland Army National Guard (MDARNG) (PDF, ) you will serve our country and protect our community during times of threat or natural disaster. Engage in part-time service that gives you serious benefits including tuition coverage, pay, training, and experience. Contact a recruiter to chat!
is hiring Cadets (PDF, ) and Officers
To be a cadet you must be:
- Between the ages of 17 and 24
- An US Citizen
- A resident of DC
- Currently enrolled in/graduated from a DC high-school/hold a GED issued by DC
- Annual Salary of $34K
- College Tuition Coverage
- Conversion to serve as a police officer upon completion of 60 college credits
MCPD is hiring Officer Candidates for its January 2022 Academy (PDF, ) .
The MCPD offers great pay and benefits!
Students Graduating or completing their 60 credits this spring are eligible!
- Starting salary $54,620- $64,876
- 4-day work week for patrol officers
- Permanent shift schedules
- Take home vehicle for in-county residents
- Differential pay for bilingual skills
- Paid holidays, accrued sick, annual, and compensatory leave
- All uniforms and equipment supplied - Free cleaning and alteration
- Take home police car program after 18 months
- Liberal 25-year retirement plan/deferred compensation plan
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and prescription drug plans for life
Panda Programmer is hiring teachers for its in-school after-school programs.
Teachers earn $20 to $30 per hour and teach computer programming (usually Scratch) to elementary and middle school students in Montgomery County.
Classes are 2 hours long, typically from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Applicants should be vaccinated and have a car.
Please send resume and availability to info@PandaProgrammer.com.
Frequently has merchandiser, sales, and driver positions available.
Proud Moments is almost always actively hiring all majors to work with children and adolescents on the autism spectrum
Proud Moments is hiring behavior technicians (PDF, ) .
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Cases throughout Maryland, DC, and northern Virginia
- Day and evening hours available
- Great rates
They often have immediate openings with flexible schedules for students interested in working with children on the autism spectrum. Training will be provided and the pay starts at $25 an hour. This is a great resume builder for students in Education, Health, or any Human Services career path AND builds and demonstrates transferrable skills like communication, teamwork, and data collection/tracking for ANY career path.
The US Capitol Police are hiring for individuals to protect our Federal Buildings.
The US Capitol Police has implemented an innovative new hiring process that maximizes online evaluations. The initial stages of our hiring process, which were previously done in person through travel to Washington, D.C., can now be completed online via video conferencing. It is set up to expedite the hiring process and limit the amount of travel an applicant must make to Washington D.C. until the very last stages of the hiring process. Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access this site and apply.
The United States Capitol Police (USCP)new window, located in Washington D.C., is a federal law enforcement agency that is currently seeking motivated and professional individuals for many Police Officer positions.
The USCP safeguards the Congress, its legislative process, Members of Congress, employees, visitors, and facilities to include the United States Capitol Building. They protect and secure Congress so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure, and open environment, free from crime, disruption, and terrorism. Their officers protect democracy and act on the world stage every day as a model in security, urban crime prevention, dignitary protection, specialty response capabilities, and homeland security. As a Department, they are a diverse microcosm of America and employ over 2300 sworn and civilian personnel from nearly all 50 states and territories.
They offer a starting salary of $64,815 with extensive career advancement opportunities, excellent federal benefits, and tuition reimbursement.