Administrative Office Support / Microsoft Office
Learn or expand the computer skills necessary to be successful in administrative office settings. These courses are recommended for administrative assistants, data entry personnel, sales and marketing, and customer service. Before taking any of these courses students should take File Management Skills (CMP-226) or possess equivalent experience.
Select a course below to read course descriptions and objectives. You may take one course or a series of courses; see below for recommended course sequences. Courses are offered throughout fall, spring, and summer, but not all courses are offered each semester.
Courses below, in general, are listed in order of difficulty and are linked to course descriptions with objectives.
- Microsoft Word and Excel Foundation Series
- Software Introductory Series
- Microsoft Word - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Level I
- Microsoft Excel - Level II
- Microsoft Excel - Level III
- Microsoft Access - Level I
- Microsoft Access - Level II
- Microsoft Access - Level III
- PowerPoint - Introduction
- PowerPoint - Intermediate/Advanced
- Microsoft Outlook
Get the Microsoft Office certification you need. From Excel to Word and Outlook, Office certifications can validate your skills and help build your career.
These courses follow the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) core-level for Word 2016 (exam 77-418) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Word 2016 (exam 77-425 and 426), Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Excel 2016 (exam 77-420), and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Excel 2016 (exam 77-427 and 428). And curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Access 2016 (exam 77-424).
Note, Montgomery College does NOT provide the exams. For more information about MOS Certifications visit: Microsoft websitenew window
Course Schedules at a Glance
Due to COVID, there have been a number of changes to the WDCE brochure (PDF, ) . See below for the most current schedule and technology information:
- Information Technology Schedule by Date (PDF, ) . This information is subject to change without notice.
- ITI Remote Technology Requirements (PDF, ) . This information is supplied to assure you have the proper home set up to take our classes.
- Pricing Information can be found in the WDCE Spring Brochure (PDF, ) pages 24-34.
- Registration Information. Registration may be online via MYMC, or mailed.
Career Coachnew window is a valuable online search tool that will give you the opportunity to explore hundreds of potential careers or job possibilities. The job listings and information provided are specific to Montgomery County and the surrounding localities. Not sure what path to take? ITI Classes to Careers Roadmap (PDF, ) may help.
- Information Technology Institute
- Business Applications
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Basics
- Computer Networks
- Data Analysis
- Database Administration
- Digital Graphics
- Microsoft Office Classes
- Programming and Software Development
- SharePoint Technologies
- Social Media Networking
- Web and Mobile Development