Dual Enrollment is available to select high school students admitted to Montgomery College (MC). Students are enrolled in college courses while still attending high school, providing an educational experience beyond what is available at the secondary level. High school juniors and seniors who meet the College's Dual Enrollment (DE) standards may enhance their schedule with college course work and experience the independence of college-level study while also earning college credit.
Dual Enrollment at MC enables high school students to:
- Register and attend a Montgomery College course(s) on campus, online, or at their high school site
- Engage with outstanding college professors and their peers in a collegiate classroom setting
- Graduate from high school with earned college credit
- Potentially save money on college tuition
- Accelerate college completion
- Gain additional skills and confidence needed to succeed in college
Students may enroll in a variety of courses at the college, provided they meet the Dual Enrollment standards. The credits earned may be applied to a degree program at Montgomery College or may potentially be transferred to another institution.
Parents are encouraged to help set students up for success with the Dual Enrollment Program. Feel free to review the eligibility requirements with your child and discuss any questions you both may have. You may also want to review some of the financial assistance options that can be available for them as well. Please remember, per FERPA laws Dual Enrollment staff will work primarily with the student during the registration process. However, reviewing the admission and registration procedures may help you stay informed and active during each of the steps. Our Dual Enrollment staff will do all we can to ensure your child is set up for success!
Dual Enrollment Info Sessions were held in March and April. If you missed out, here are your options for more info:
- View and print the private/home school info session slides (PDF, )
- View and print the MCPS info session slides (PDF, )
- View the MCPS info session full video presentation.
- Students can go to our Contact page and reach out to their MCPS Dual Enrollment Program Assistant (DEPA) for possible school based sessions and more info.
- If you are interested in classes for summer/fall, you can view our getting started webpage.
- Email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.