Come Join Us
Your experiences as a Montgomery College student are different from those at any other time of your life. You juggle classes, work, and other responsibilities; establish new friendships and connect with others, but most of all you enjoy new freedoms. That's exactly why we're here. Clubs are designed to add value to your student life while at MC. You will find endless opportunities to:
- Meet others, make connections, gain social contacts, but more importantly establish friendships
- Take part in an exciting and fun experience while learning about yourself and the world around you
- Develop and hone vital leadership skills
- Transfer classroom theory into practice
- Build your resume and portfolio
- But more importantly discover your values, potential, and campus spirit
Additionally, clubs have the advantage of collaborating with a faculty member or professional staff advisor and a Student Life Specialist in setting it up to be successful.
Student Life provides the structure and YOU provide student life with your passion, ideas, and energy. As a member of the MC community, we know that you will contribute in many important ways and we are here to be inspired by you and lead with you to make our campus even more vibrant.
How to Join a Club
You have a variety of options to join a club and get involved. Follow the easy steps below to get involved.
- Review the club listing and contact the club(s) directly you are interested in.
- There is a club meeting schedule on the club listing so you can go to a meeting.
- At the beginning of each semester you are encourage to attend club program’s annual “CLUB RUSH” where you can meet the numerous clubs, speak with members, and ask questions.
- If you cannot attend CLUB RUSH, then you can visit the Office of Student Life, review the club listing, and complete a “Join a Club” form and we will connect you.
- Clubs have mailboxes, which are located in the Office of Student Life office lobby, stop by today and leave a message.
It’s that easy. What are you waiting for? Join a club today!
Join one of our dozens of campus clubs to meet other students, discover new interests, and develop leadership and collaboration skills.
At the end of the academic year the Student Life Office acknowledges and celebrates the club leaders, advisors and all those who assist the clubs in its achievements, endeavors, and service. All clubs are encouraged to submit a club portfolio with a brief biography and its body of work for the academic year to your Student Life Specialist. This will be reviewed by a committee. The portfolio should include, but is not limited to, the following:
- acknowledgments and recognition such as letters, emails, and awards
- budget request
- a listing of events, meetings, service, and other related activities
Club Awards will be given at the End of the Year Student Life Award Banquet.
This award is in recognition of a club’s outstanding service through its actions such as events, meetings, and various activities to the Rockville Campus community and the Club Program.
This award is in recognition to a club for its outstanding service through actions such as volunteering, fundraising, and service to the local community and the Club Program.
This award is in recognition to a club for its outstanding service through charitable actions and contributions such as volunteering, fundraising, and service to the national community, local community, Montgomery College Rockville Campus community, its club membership, and the Club Program.
This awarded is in recognition to a club for its outstanding creativity and ingenuity in showcasing your club to the Montgomery College Rockville Campus community, and the Club Program.
This award is in recognition to a club for its creative programming and endeavors around its mission/ purpose.
This award is in recognition to a club for an outstanding event serving the Montgomery College Rockville Campus community and the Club Program.
This award is given to those who demonstrate generous support in assisting clubs accomplish its mission and goals.
This award is given to those who demonstrate generous support in assisting the Student Life Office Club Program accomplish its goals.