Come Join Us
Your experiences as a Montgomery College student are different from those at any other time of your life. You juggle classes, work, and other responsibilities; establish new friendships and connect with others, but most of all you enjoy new freedoms. That's exactly why we're here. Clubs are designed to add value to your student life while at MC. You will find endless opportunities to:
- Meet others, make connections, gain social contacts, but more importantly establish friendships
- Take part in an exciting and fun experience while learning about yourself and the world around you
- Develop and hone vital leadership skills
- Transfer classroom theory into practice
- Build your resume and portfolio
- But more importantly discover your values, potential, and campus spirit
Additionally, clubs have the advantage of collaborating with a faculty member or professional staff advisor and a Student Life Specialist in setting it up to be successful.
Student Life provides the structure and YOU provide student life with your passion, ideas, and energy. As a member of the MC community, we know that you will contribute in many important ways and we are here to be inspired by you and lead with you to make our campus even more vibrant.
How to Join a Club
You have a variety of options to join a club and get involved. Follow the easy steps below to get involved.
- Review the club listing and contact the club(s) directly you are interested in.
- There is a club meeting schedule on the club listing so you can go to a meeting.
- At the beginning of each semester you are encourage to attend club program’s annual “CLUB RUSH” where you can meet the numerous clubs, speak with members, and ask questions.
- If you cannot attend CLUB RUSH, then you can visit the Office of Student Life, review the club listing, and complete a “Join a Club” form and we will connect you.
- If you have an idea for a new club, please email Mrs. Price, firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy. What are you waiting for? Join a club today!
It’s that easy. What are you waiting for? Join a club today!
Join one of our dozens of campus clubs to meet other students, discover new interests, and develop leadership and collaboration skills.
Don't see a club that meets your interests? Start one of your own. This handbook will guide you through the process of starting and running a club.
Club Leaders and Advisors
Leading a student club is challenging but rewarding work. It is neither the role of the president nor of the advisor to run the club alone, but rather to facilitate its growth and development. Student clubs are most effective, productive, and enjoyable when everyone plays a part in their success.
At the end of the academic year the Student Life Office acknowledges and celebrates the club leaders, advisors and all those who assist the clubs in its achievements, endeavors, and service. All clubs are encouraged to submit a club portfolio with a brief biography and its body of work for the academic year to your Student Life Specialist. This will be reviewed by a committee. This includes, but is not limited to:
- acknowledgments and recognition such as letters, emails, and awards
- budget request
- a listing of events, meetings, service, and other related activities