General Studies Undecided
Many students come to Montgomery College unsure of their path. The General Studies program offers flexibility and guidance to help you determine your academic goals and develop a path to your completing those goals. Use the following questions to help you select what the best degree option for you is while you are considering your longer-term options.
Consider the following questions to help you decide which major is right for you
- Are you seeking a degree from Montgomery College?
- Are you using or are planning to use Financial Aid?
- Are you attending for personal interest?
- Do you already have a degree or are you completing pre-requisites for another program?
- Are you just visiting from another institution with the intent to transfer credits back to your home institution?
- Are you planning to transfer with a degree or without a degree?
- Are you completely unsure of what you academic or career path you might want to pursue?
- Do you have several ideas for academic and career pursuits?
- Do we not have the degree that you are seeking?
Select the Major: 00A Undeclared
Select the General Studies degree that aligns with the courses you need to take:
Select General Studies major(or other major) aligned with transfer goals:
General Studies Advising Weeks
Attend events in the advising weeks to find out more about your options in that area. Download STEM Advising Week Events calendar. (PDF, )
- March 1: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics- General Studies 611B
- April 5: Humanities, Arts, Communication, and Languages- General Studies 611A (coming soon - check back for link)
- April 12: Social Sciences, Administration, and Health- General Studies 611C (coming soon - check back for link)
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
Professor Samantha Streamer VenerusoGeneral Studies Chair