Complete an A.A., A.S., A.A.T. or A.F.A. degree with a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher for guaranteed admission if you meet Marymount's admission requirements.
- Application fee is waived (More information here)
- $250 Barnes & Noble gift card that may be applied toward textbook costs
- $250 Metro SmarTrip card that may be applied toward travel expenses
- Guaranteed residence hall space for students who deposit & request housing by April 15 for fall and Nov. 1 for spring
- Program-specific individual advising
MC students admitted to Marymount's Honors Program are eligible to receive various transfer scholarships.
First-degree transfer students who were in MC's Phi Theta Kappa chapter and who completed at least 30 credits with a 3.5 GPA are eligible for a renewable PTK scholarship of up to $2,000. Priority consideration will be given to applications received before May 1.
MC students admitted to Marymount's Honors Program are eligible to receive a $4,000 per year Honors Scholarship, renewable while enrolled full-time, successfully complete at least one Honors course per year, and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA.
MC students who are not Virginia residents but wish to live on-campus are eligible for a $3,000 residential grant, renewable for up to 4 years.
Marymount University Description
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university, guided by the traditions of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, that emphasizes intellectual curiosity, service to others, and a global perspective. A Marymount education is grounded in the liberal arts, promotes career preparation, and provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. A student‐centered learning community that values diversity and focuses on the education of the whole person, Marymount guides the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual development of each individual.
Marymount University Links and Information
- Students with a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA will automatically receive a $6,000 annual transfer scholarship (excludes accelerated BSN students)
- Phi Theta Kappa students with a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA will receive an additional $2,000 annual tuition scholarship
- Applications are encouraged to apply for admission to Marymount's Honors Program. If accepted, the student receives an annual $4,000 scholarship in addition to the automatic transfer scholarship.
Note: There is not a rigid application deadline; Marymount recommends that prospective transfers complete their application by July 1 for fall entry and December 1 for spring entry. This will allow ample time to meet your advisor, schedule courses and secure housing (if needed).
Learning Format: In-Person
- Transfer Admissionsnew window
- Degree and Majorsnew window
- Transfer Equivalency Site
- Tuition & Feesnew window
- Financial Aidnew window
- Transfer Scholarshipsnew window
- Campus Lifenew window
- Athleticsnew window
- Military and Veteransnew window
- Housing Informationnew window
- Visit Marymount Universitynew window