Parts of Term
Montgomery College offers courses with a variety of start and end dates. This gives students more flexibility in creating their class schedules.
- Full term classes are about 15 weeks long. They run for the full length of the semester.
- First half of term classes are about seven weeks long. They run for the first half of the semester.
- Second half of term classes are about seven weeks long. They run for the second half of the semester.
- Late-starting classes are about 14 weeks long. They may be called "Week Two Starts" or "Week Three Starts." They typically start one or two weeks later than full term classes and run for the rest of the semester.
MC also offers summer and winter sessions. These classes range from three or five weeks in the winter to six, eight, 10, or 12 weeks in the summer.
Fall 2021 Class Start and End Dates
|Part of Term||Class Start and End Dates|
|Full Term (15 weeks)||August 30, 2021 - December 19, 2021|
|First Half of Term (seven weeks)||August 30, 2021 - October 18, 2021|
|Second Half of Term (seven weeks)||October 27, 2021 - December 19, 2021|
|Week Three Starts (Late Start)||September 13, 2021 - December 19, 2021|
How to Find Classes
Search the class schedule to find full term, part of term, and late-starting classes.
- Go to the Advanced Searchnew window.
- Choose the semester or session you want to search.
- On the next screen, go to the Part of Term box. You can select Full Term, 1st Half of Term, 2nd Half of Term, Week 2 Starts, or Week 3 Starts.
Meet with a counselor or advisor for help selecting your courses.
You may register online for a class until 11:59 p.m. the day before the class begins. Be sure to pay on time to avoid having your class registration dropped. See Register and Pay On Time for more information.