Join Us November 2 for Help Completing the FAFSA
Saturday, November 2, 2019
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Rockville Campus, Science Center

The Montgomery College Office of Student Financial Aid invites you to attend FAFSA Fever, a free event to help current and prospective college students and their families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the required application used to determine eligibility for grants, work-study, and student loans. The FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year will be available beginning October 1, 2019.

At FAFSA Fever, students and families will meet with financial aid administrators, get a line-by-line explanation of the FAFSA, and use the Montgomery College computer labs to submit the FAFSA online. 

FAFSA Fever will take place on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Rockville Campus.  Registration will take place in the lobby of the Science Center Building (SC).  Parking will be available in Parking Lot 11. See campus map.

Registration is required and will close at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 31, 2019, or when all time slots are filled. Review the documents required to fill out the FAFSA and be sure to bring any necessary documents with you. 

For more information or special accommodations, contact Rhonda McLaren-Scott at 240-567-4155 or by email. Special accommodations must be requested two weeks prior to the event.

Documents Needed to Complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA

The FAFSA questions ask for information about you (your name, date of birth, address, etc.) and about your financial situation. Depending on your circumstances (for instance, whether you are a U.S. citizen or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the application:

  • Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA form!)
  • Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
  • Your driver’s license number if you have one
  • Your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
  • Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
    • 2018 IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ or 1040X
    • 2018 Foreign tax return
    • 2018 Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
  • 2018 Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
  • Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live); and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
  • Your FSA ID and your parent’s FSA ID, if you are a dependent student.  Click here to obtain an FSA ID.

(Source: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out#documents)