Raptor Ready Scholarship Program
Montgomery College’s Raptor Ready Program is designed to help 2020 high school graduates get an early introduction to college courses in an online or structured remote environment.
Choose one of 21 selected credit courses. We'll cover your tuition and fees for the course in full. The courses run from July 11 through August 21, during MC's second summer session, and are designed to transfer easily to other schools.
You'll receive up to $530 to spend in our online bookstore, which you can use to buy a laptop or any other technology or supplies you may need for the course.
The program is for spring 2020 Montgomery County high school graduates who are Montgomery County residents (including anticipated June graduates).
- Be a spring 2020 Montgomery County high school graduate and a Montgomery County resident
- Earned no more than 6 college credit hours at time of application (not including Advanced Placement)
- Be admitted to Montgomery College. If you are not already admitted, complete the admissions application online before applying for the Raptor Ready program.
- Filed the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and had it sent to MC or completed the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (for students who cannot complete the FAFSA). While the FAFSA is required, eligibility is NOT based on your FAFSA income information.
- Be financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the shift to remote learning
- Register from a pre-selected group of courses:
- Accounting II (ACCT 222)new window
- Principles of Biology (BIOL 150)new window
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 131)new window
- Foundations of Human Communication (COMM 108)new window
- Computer Science I (CMSC 203)new window
- Computer Science II (CMSC 204) new window
- Principles of Economics I (ECON 201)new window
- Principles of Economics 2 (ECON 202)new window
- Intro to Engineering Design (ENES 100)new window
- Critical Reading, Writing, and Research (ENGL 102)new window
- Elements of Statistics (MATH 117)new window
- Precalculus (MATH 165)new window
- Calculus I (MATH 181)new window
- Calculus II (MATH 182)new window
- Multivariable Calculus (MATH 280)new window
- Differential Equations (MATH 282)new window
- Intro to Philosophy (PHIL 101)new window
- General Physics I (PHYS 161)new window
- American Government (POLI 101)new window
- General Psychology (PSYC 102)new window
- Elementary Spanish (SPAN 101)new window
- The scholarship program covers tuition and fees for one course (4 billed hour maximum) and a grant to cover technology or educational supplies not to exceed $530 for the second summer session at MC, which runs from July 11 through August 21.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. Selection is in order of application date and eligibility determination.
- Students chosen for the awards will be held from the delete for nonpayment in Summer II.
- The scholarship amount will be applied to students’ accounts to cover the cost of one course (up to 4 credit hours).
- A bookstore voucher will be issued with the MC Bookstores allowing purchase of technology and/or educational supplies online that are needed for the course (vouchers cannot be used with any other vendor).
To access the Raptor Ready application, log in below with your MyMC ID and password. If you do not have a MyMC ID, complete the admissions application before applying for the Raptor Ready program.
Raptor Ready Scholarship Program