Nursing Program Information Sessions
Information sessions are scheduled throughout the year to provide students with critical information about our nursing program. The information presented covers a variety of topics, including how to become competitive for admission, the application process, and the nursing curriculum. Attend an information session.
Nursing is a dynamic combination of art and science applied to meeting the needs of individuals and their significant others throughout the life cycle and along the health‑illness continuum. Using the nursing process, in combination with knowledge from the humanities and the biological, physical and behavioral sciences, the nurse promotes wellness, assists with the restoration and maintenance of health or adaptation to chronic illness, and provides comfort to the dying.
The faculty and staff of Montgomery College's Nursing Program are highly qualified and dedicated. A team-teaching approach is used by faculty when instructing in their clinical specialty. Each of the major areas of nursing (medical-surgical, ob/gyn, pediatrics, and psychiatry) are taught by members who have specialized in education and practice in those concentrations.Meet Our Faculty and Staff
Pathways and Transition Programs
The ADN to BSN Pathway office provides resources for students in their academic journey as they work towards earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or an advanced degree. We have transfer and articulation agreements with several four-year schools, including a Dual Admission Program with the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Our Transition to Nursing Course is an intensive, 10-week summer course designed to facilitate the transition of LPNs, military medics/corpsmen, and paramedics into the associate's degree in nursing (ADN) program.
- NURS 113: Fundamentals of nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 114: Professionalism and communication in nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 121: Basic health assessment (PDF, )
- NURS 122: Supplemental summer clinical practicum (PDF, )
- NURS 125: Nursing in health and illness I (PDF, )
- NURS 126: Nursing Care of Special Populations I: Geriatric and Psychiatric Nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 129: Pathophysiology and pharmacology in nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 130: Transition to nursing course (PDF, )
- NURS 140: Independent study in nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 205: Transition to professional nursing practice (PDF, )
- NURS 225: Health & Illness II (PDF, )
- NURS 226: Nursing Care of Special Populations II: Maternal/Child Nursing (PDF, )
- NURS 240: Nursing in Health and Illness III (PDF, )
- Medical Learning Center
- Learning Skills Support Services for Health Sciences Students
- Nursing Transfer and Articulation Agreements
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
Montgomery College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (MSA). The Nursing Program is approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Our Nursing Program participates in the Maryland Articulation Model, which allows students to complete a BSN in a state college or university. There are also similar articulation agreements with several, local private institutions. Find more information on articulation agreements.
Maryland State Board of Nursing
4140 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland, 21215-2254
Toll-Free Phone: 1-888-202-9861
Web: Maryland State Board of Nursingnew window
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Web: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursingnew window
Noncredit Courses and Training
Students have the opportunity to learn an entry level skill in the field of health sciences such as dialysis, EKG, phlebotomy, pharmacy technician, or medical assistant. We also offer wellness training and TEAS test preparation.
Nursing related courses include certified nursing assistant (CNA), certified geriatric assistant (GNA), and CPR and first aid training. We also offer nursing refresher classes for nurses wishing to reenter the field, as well as NCLEX RN review.
This department is part of MC's Health Sciences, Health, and Physical Education instructional area.